Tissue Glues in Cosmetic Surgery
By Renato Saltz, M.D., Dean M. Toriumi, M.D.
Tissue Glues in Cosmetic Surgery provides cosmetic surgeons with the comprehensive yet practical instruction they need to skillfully use tissue glues in their practices. For the cosmetic surgeon seeking to address patient requests for shorter scars and reduced morbidity, tissue glues provide a welcome solution.
These new tissue glues offer surgeons and their patients decided advantages in speed and convenience, recovery, comfort, and cosmetic outcome. Furthermore, they are especially appropriate for aesthetic surgery patients. They are particularly appealing for minimally invasive or short scar procedures, where scar length and morbidity are primary considerations.
Written by the experts, this in-depth volume evaluates the different tissue adhesives available and provides the step-by-step guidance needed for using them for different applications, including brow lift, face lift, rhinoplasty, body contouring, breast surgery, and burns and craniofacial applications.
Each chapter fully discusses indications for use, preparation of material, timing, wound preparation, application, technical nuances and problems and complications. These chapters are filled with helpful tips and tricks to help enhance surgical outcomes. Clinical results are illustrated with preoperative and postoperative views as well as post-tissue sealant results. An accompanying CD includes operative video clips demonstrating glue application for various procedures.
The widening use of surgical adhesives makes a full understanding of their capabilities and limitations essential to the cosmetic surgeon. Tissue Glues in Cosmetic Surgery is the only volume available today to assemble and illustrate the critical information in concise, expertly written, and fully illustrated chapter.
An accompanying CD includes operative video clips demonstrating glue application for various procedures:
- History of Tissue Adhesives
- Tissue Sealants Available Today
- The Tissue Sealant Decision
- Use of Platelet Rich Plasma in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Use of Surgical Tissue Adhesives in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Use of Fibrin Sealant in Eyebrow Lift
- Use of Fibrin Sealant in Endoscopic Forehead Fixation
- Use of Tisseel Sealant in Short Scar Facelift
- Use of Fibrin Tissue Sealant in Face and Neck Surgery
- Use of Dermabond in Breast Surgery and Body Contouring
- Sealing Wounds with Dermabond
- Burns and Craniofacial Applications for Tissue Adhesives
- Endoscopic Browlift and Midface Suspension
by Renato Saltz, M.D.
- Tissue Glue Applications in Face and Neck Lift
by Barry DiBernardo, M.D., Alfred T. Mitchell, M.D., Robert B. Nemerofsky, M.D.
- Tissue Glue Applications in Facial Plastic Surgery
by Dean M. Toriumi, M.D.
2004. Hardcover, 206 pages, 200 illustrations
Accompanying CD is MAC and PC compatible